WordPress.com is one of the most popular blogging platforms today. If you are using WordPress.com as your blog host, this guide will help you set up your PayLoadz store on your WordPress.com blog. Through this guide, you will learn how to place your items in posts, in pages or at widget areas, which most WordPress.com themes support.
In content (Posts/Pages)
Enter the administration area of your blog.From your dashboard, you can create a new post, but you cannot work with HTML code.
Once you are inside the administration area, create a new article or page. Then, insert a product image, and writea product description. Once you are happy with the look of your article or your page through which you are selling the item, follow the steps below to place the "Buy Now" button that enables your visitors to buy the product from you through the PayLoadz service.
1. Go to your PayLoadz dashboard. Go to "Product Listing." Hover over "Details," and click on the"Code Generator" dropdown link.
2. Select which button or link you want. Click on "Show Code." Mark the code, and copy it. Make sure you copied the complete code.
3. Go to your WordPress.com article and, instead of visual, change to text editor by clicking on the top right "Text" tab of editor. Look at the image below:
4. Paste the code in this editor. Once you have pasted the code, you need to do one more thing for the code to work. Look at the image below. You need to delete empty spaces inside the code itself. The code you pasted needs to be one whole line instead of being broken into a few lines. Do this by putting your cursor at the end of the first row and pressing delete.Do the same for the second row.If you did it right, once you jump onto visual editor, you will see the image of a "Buy Now" button or "Buy Now" link, depending on what you have chosen for the button.
Placing a button into a widget / sidebar
Your WordPress theme likely supports a few widget areas. You can read more about widgetized themes on this link. If your theme supports widgets, such as placing banners at a sidebar, then you can use this area to place your PayLoadz "Buy Now" button, create a description or add an image, all by using one built-in widget, which is called Text – Arbitrary text or HTML.
1. Click on the"Text" widget, and move it to the desired widget area, as shown on the screenshot above.
2. Once you are done, you should have an empty text widget open and ready for entering data.
3. Enter the title of the widget and your product title. Below it, in the text area box, write your item description. It is better to keep the description short, but you can enter as much text as you want. Once you are done with the description, you can insert an item image by pasting image HTML code that links to the image you have chosen. HTML code to link the image should look like this: <imgsrc="link-to-image"/>. You can upload your image through the media library. Copy the path to image from the uploaded image, and paste it in this imgsrc code.Look at example below:
4. Once you have placed an item title, description and image, it's time to paste the code of the "Buy Now" item button.Use the same process for adding code to the post or page by coping the desired button code and pasting it into this box.Delete empty spacing in lines so that, in the end, you get one big line as in the image below.
5. Save your widget by clicking on the "Save" button. If you did it right, you should see the item title, description, image and "Buy Now" button at your desired widget area. In this case, it was a sidebar.You can see the result at the image below: