ATTENTION: On November 20, 2013, Google Checkout will no longer be supported.
Unfortunately, Google will be shut down Google Checkout and you will need to select one of the supported checkout types such as 2CO, Amazon Payments and PayPal in our system.
At this time Google Wallet is not a comparable product to Google Checkout, it does not provide similar integration or functionality, so we will not be supporting it immediately. We hope Google will make the Google Wallet available to e-commerce platforms such as PayLoadz in the near future. We will update this announcement with any changes.
Registering for a Google Checkout Account
This process is optional. Complete this process only if you want to accept Google Checkout payments.
Google Checkout is a payment platform that works in conjunction with our service to process customer's payments by receiving their credit card or bank information. There is no fee to create a Google Checkout account.
Once there, click the "Sign Up Now" button to access the new account registration process. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Google Checkout Seller account.
If you already have a Google Checkout account:
You do not need to register for a new account. You can use your existing account with our service. Using an existing account with our service will not affect any of your other non-digital good transactions that are processed at Google Checkout.
Setting Up Payloadz to Work with Google Checkout
The PayLoadz system has been integrated with Google's new payment and shopping cart system, Google Checkout. The process of using Google Checkout works almost exactly the same as the standard PayPal functionality, in order to let you add this feature to your site quickly. The few simple changes are listed below:
Make a test purchase using Google Checkout here: Buy a Widget
To begin selling using a Google Checkout, follow these steps:
1.Register for a Google Checkout Account
2. Set your Google Merchant information in your PayLoadz profile.
4. Create Google Checkout purchase buttons or links.
1. Register for a Google Checkout Account
You can register for a free Google Checkout account using the steps outlined above here.
2. Set your Google Merchant information in your PayLoadz Profile The next step is to obtain your Google Merchant information from the Google Checkout site and enter that information in your PayLoadz profile. To obtain your selling information, go to the following address: https://checkout.google.com/sell/settings?section=Integration
On the above page, make note of your Google Merchant ID and your Google Merchant Key. You will need to enter each of these values into your PayLoadz Profile.
Enter the values you obtained form your Google Checkout account and click the Update link at the bottom of the page to save the information.
The image below from Google Checkout shows the place to see your Merchant ID and Merchant Key.
3. Put the API Callback URL in your Google Checkout Account In order for our system to communicate with the Google Checkout system, you need to enter the Callback API URL into your Checkout account at Google. You can locate the API Callback URl setting here: https://checkout.google.com/sell/settings?section=Integration
Reference the image above from Google Checkout to find the location of the API Callback field.
Click on the Save button to keep the URL entered. Finally, choose the XML format when asked to process orders using XML or named-pair values. The system is ready to use now.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to select "Automatically authorize and charge the buyer's credit card" in your Checkout Preferences here.
4. Create Google Checkout Purchase Buttons or Links The Google Checkout system works with the standard PayLoadz GoLink system. You will need the standard GoLinks found on the detail page of each of your products to begin with. You will be editing these links to use the Google Checkout system.
Modifying the Shopping Cart GoLink to use Google Checkout: Take the GoLink for your PayPal purchase links and add the querystring variable "gc=1" to enable Google Checkout. Below is an example of the standard GoLink and the new GoLink used for the Google Checkout system.
Modifying the Single Item Purchase GoLink to use Google Checkout: Take the GoLink for your PayPal purchase links and add the querystring variable "gc=1" to enable Google Checkout. Below is an example of the standard GoLink and the new GoLink used for the Google Checkout system.
You can use any image or link you like with the above GoLink url to sell your items using Google Checkout.
Note: Under the Shopping cart post security header, uncheck the box to allow your account to use API requests with name-value pairs. Also, uncheck the "My company will only post digitally signed carts" option. After removing the checks from the checkboxes, click the Save button to save your settings.
How Does Google Checkout Work?
If you were using Google Checkout as a Customer
Find something you'd like to purchase from a store that accepts Google Checkout.
Add item(s) you'd like to buy to the store's shopping cart/basket.